Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by slyistheman <sy...@wiserweb.com> on 2009/04/13 18:23:45 UTC

Solr posts xml

Hi there

I installed Solr on tomcat 6 and whenever I click search it displays the xml
like I am editing it?

is that normal?

I added  a connector line in my server.xml below.

    -->
    <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />
    <!-- A "Connector" using the shared thread pool-->
    <!--
    <Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool"
               port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />
    -->
    <!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443
         This connector uses the JSSE configuration, when using APR, the
         connector should be using the OpenSSL style configuration
         described in the APR documentation -->
    <!--
    <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />
    -->

 I added this line
                connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

Re: Solr posts xml

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I installed Solr on tomcat 6 and whenever I click search it displays the xml
: like I am editing it?
:
: is that normal?

I'm afraid i don't really understand your question ... if you mean you get
an XML formated response when you click the "Search" button on the admin
screen, then yes -- that is normal.  by default SOlr returns results in
XML.  other output formats (like json, etc..) are supported or you can use
an XSLT to transform the XML to HTML or anything else you might want.

-Hoss