Posted to user@bloodhound.apache.org by Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/26 08:10:56 UTC

Real product separation

Hello bloodhound team,

     multiproduct functionality for trac is that what I waited a long
time. Is there possibility to configure bloodhound in such way, that one
user can create and see issues only for one product?

For example I have user U and products P1 and P2. When I add permission
TICKET_CREATE for user U in product P1 and not in (Global Settings) then
P1 cannot add new ticket, beacuse Bloodhound show messages:

"TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation. You
don't have the required permissions Please contact your administrator or
team leader to request these."

If I add permission TICKET_CREATE also in (Global Settings), then user U
can see both products in create ticket popup and can create tickets for
both products.

   Best regards
   Tomasz Lempart

Re: Real product separation

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 9/26/13, Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello bloodhound team,

Hi !

>      multiproduct functionality for trac is that what I waited a long
> time.

:)

> Is there possibility to configure bloodhound in such way, that one
> user can create and see issues only for one product?

AFAICT , yes .

> For example I have user U and products P1 and P2.

Users are global .

> When I add permission
> TICKET_CREATE for user U in product P1 and not in (Global Settings) then
> P1 cannot add new ticket, beacuse Bloodhound show messages:
>
> "TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation. You
> don't have the required permissions Please contact your administrator or
> team leader to request these."
>
> If I add permission TICKET_CREATE also in (Global Settings), then user U
> can see both products in create ticket popup and can create tickets for
> both products.

hmmm ... I'll take a look into this . this might be an issue .

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: Real product separation

Posted by Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com>.
> On 9/26/13, Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello bloodhound team,
>>
> Hi !
>
>>       multiproduct functionality for trac is that what I waited a long
>> time.
> :)
>
>> Is there possibility to configure bloodhound in such way, that one
>> user can create and see issues only for one product?
>>
> AFAICT , yes .
>
>> For example I have user U and products P1 and P2.
> Users are global .
>
>> When I add permission
>> TICKET_CREATE for user U in product P1 and not in (Global Settings) then
>> P1 cannot add new ticket, beacuse Bloodhound show messages:
>>
>> "TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation. You
>> don't have the required permissions Please contact your administrator or
>> team leader to request these."
>>
>> If I add permission TICKET_CREATE also in (Global Settings), then user U
>> can see both products in create ticket popup and can create tickets for
>> both products.
>>
> hmmm ... I'll take a look into this . this might be an issue .

Thanks, for now this is the only thing that stops me before using of
bloodhound in production.

Re: Real product separation

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 9/26/13, Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello bloodhound team,

Hi !

>      multiproduct functionality for trac is that what I waited a long
> time.

:)

Re: Real product separation

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
Interesting.. I've not had time to test this yet but I'm forwarding this to
the dev@ mailing list for better visibility.

- Joe

Re: Real product separation

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 10/4/13, Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> W dniu 03.10.2013 08:16, Olemis Lang pisze:
>> On 10/2/13, Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>> :)
>>
>>> thank you for taking the time to check this, but my case is different.
>>> My original question was: "Is there possibility to configure bloodhound
>>> in such way, that one user can create and see issues only for one
>>> product?". In your case bhtest see both products.
>>>
>> I see your point now . You want to restrict the items in QCT product
>> list to only include the products satisfying that PRODUCT_VIEW &
>> TICKET_CREATE perms granted to the logged in user ... isn't it ?
>>
>> [...]
>>
> It is true. Further I want that user can see/create tickets for one
> product, i.e. p1 and should nothing know about product p2 inclusive
> issues created for p2.

Considering your sample permissions matrix bhtest user will not be
able to see any tickets at all in any context because of lacking
TICKET_VIEW .

Could you please confirm and/or provide further detailed conditions to
check so that I can add new assertions in test cases for #388 ? (...
and fix any inconsistences I might find along the way ...)

TIA

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: Real product separation

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 10/4/13, Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> W dniu 03.10.2013 08:16, Olemis Lang pisze:
>> On 10/2/13, Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>> :)
>>
>>> thank you for taking the time to check this, but my case is different.
>>> My original question was: "Is there possibility to configure bloodhound
>>> in such way, that one user can create and see issues only for one
>>> product?". In your case bhtest see both products.
>>>
>> I see your point now . You want to restrict the items in QCT product
>> list to only include the products satisfying that PRODUCT_VIEW &
>> TICKET_CREATE perms granted to the logged in user ... isn't it ?
>>
>> [...]
>>
> It is true. Further I want that user can see/create tickets for one
> product, i.e. p1 and should nothing know about product p2 inclusive
> issues created for p2.

I'll track work on this in #388 [1]_ . I'd appreciate to receive
further feedback as I make progress .

TIA

.. [1] https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/388

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: Real product separation

Posted by Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Real product separation

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 10/2/13, Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

:)

Re: Real product separation

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 10/2/13, Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

[...]

I have added patches for #388 and wanted to share with you the aim of
modifications looking for feedback to know whether the results are on
the right track .

I apologize for the delay , but I had to enhance and include a few
features in test code so as to be able to automate verifications of
expected results .

> For the following configuration user bhtest can not create ticket,
> because of lacking permissions.
>
> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> permission list
>
> User    Action
> ----------------------
> bhtest      WIKI_VIEW
> tlempart    TRAC_ADMIN

Up to this point this is what is expected to happen for user bhtest in
global scope

  1. Wiki pages will be displayed
  2. QCT will be shown , but ...
  3. inline new ticket form will not be displayed ...
  4. ... but a warning message instead (no TICKET_CREATE ...)

> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> product admin p1 permission list
>
> User    Action
> -------------------------
> bhtest      TICKET_CREATE

... in product p1 scope :

  5. Wiki pages will not be displayed
  6. QCT will not be shown in wiki page (because of the error) ...
  7. ... but will be rendered in p1' s /newticket form
  8. ... and inline new ticket form will be fully functional
  9. ... and product combo box will include p1 but not p2

> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> product admin p2 permission list
>
> User    Action
> -----------------

In product p2 :

  10. Wiki pages will not be displayed
  11. QCT will not be shown in wiki page (because of the error) ...
  12. ... access to p2' s /newticket form will be forbidden
  13. ... hence QCT will not be shown in that page either ...

> If I add permission for global settings:
>
> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> permission add bhtest TICKET_CREATE
>
> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> permission list
>
> User    Action
> -------------------------
> bhtest      TICKET_CREATE
> bhtest      WIKI_VIEW
> tlempart    TRAC_ADMIN
>
> than user bhtest can create ticket for both products, what IMHO is wrong.

after doing so

... in product p1 scope :

  14. Wiki pages will be displayed
  15. QCT will be shown ...
  17. ... and inline new ticket form will be fully functional
  18. ... and product combo box will include p1 but not p2

... and all other conditions above for p1 and p2 remain unchanged .

> I use the latest version of BloodHound 0.7.

jftr, this has been developed against /trunk and should be released in
forthcoming 0.8

Is this ok ?

[...]

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: Real product separation

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 10/2/13, Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

[...]

I have added patches for #388 and wanted to share with you the aim of
modifications looking for feedback to know whether the results are on
the right track .

I apologize for the delay , but I had to enhance and include a few
features in test code so as to be able to automate verifications of
expected results .

> For the following configuration user bhtest can not create ticket,
> because of lacking permissions.
>
> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> permission list
>
> User    Action
> ----------------------
> bhtest      WIKI_VIEW
> tlempart    TRAC_ADMIN

Up to this point this is what is expected to happen for user bhtest in
global scope

  1. Wiki pages will be displayed
  2. QCT will be shown , but ...
  3. inline new ticket form will not be displayed ...
  4. ... but a warning message instead (no TICKET_CREATE ...)

> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> product admin p1 permission list
>
> User    Action
> -------------------------
> bhtest      TICKET_CREATE

... in product p1 scope :

  5. Wiki pages will not be displayed
  6. QCT will not be shown in wiki page (because of the error) ...
  7. ... but will be rendered in p1' s /newticket form
  8. ... and inline new ticket form will be fully functional
  9. ... and product combo box will include p1 but not p2

> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> product admin p2 permission list
>
> User    Action
> -----------------

In product p2 :

  10. Wiki pages will not be displayed
  11. QCT will not be shown in wiki page (because of the error) ...
  12. ... access to p2' s /newticket form will be forbidden
  13. ... hence QCT will not be shown in that page either ...

> If I add permission for global settings:
>
> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> permission add bhtest TICKET_CREATE
>
> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> permission list
>
> User    Action
> -------------------------
> bhtest      TICKET_CREATE
> bhtest      WIKI_VIEW
> tlempart    TRAC_ADMIN
>
> than user bhtest can create ticket for both products, what IMHO is wrong.

after doing so

... in **global** scope :

Re: Real product separation

Posted by Tomasz Lempart <tl...@gmail.com>.