Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2004/11/20 20:38:12 UTC

Eliminate .rc files?

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd/mod_aspdotnet/trunk/Apache.Web/Apache.Web.Version.h?rev=105923&view=markup

is how I coded the version header for mod_aspdotnet, so that
the .rc file...

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd/mod_aspdotnet/trunk/Apache.Web/Apache.Web.rc?rev=105923&view=log

never needs to be autogenerated.

The differences between apr and mod_aspdotnet?  Our apr_version.h
file includes apr.h, and only because we declare some fn's in there.

Does anyone object to flipping those version function declarations
into apr.h (they are immutable) and including apr_version.h within
apr.h?  It's already protected from double-inclusion.

The only possible breakage is including apr_version.h without ever
including apr.h - a scenario I think is most unlikely.

It seems like this could fall under the 1.1 bump.  Comments?

Bill