Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lennart Benoot <le...@chronoline.org> on 2005/04/21 15:05:22 UTC

EWAD: Fully featured Tapestry Development environment

Hi all,

About a month ago we had a discussion on this mailing list concerning the difficulties of getting an fully featured tapestry development environment. It takes a lot of time to get everything up and running, preventing you from startingthe actual development from day 1. Also upgrading can pose difficulties.
This is why i started to create a 'standard environment' and packaged it. It has an install script that downloads and installs this environment on your pc.
After installation you have a lot of components ready for use: Eclipse, Spindle, Tomcat, Tomcat plugin, Jetty, Jetty Plugin, Mysql, Mysql Administrator, Hibernate and Hibernate Synchronizer.

If you're interested, please take a look at: http://ewad.sourceforge.net/

If you want to contribute,  i can use some help!
design the release scripts, website, create a logo, create howtos, ... see http://sourceforge.net/projects/ewad/ for detailed list of feature request.

Feel free to send comments and suggestions.

Kind regards,
Lennart

Re: EWAD: Fully featured Tapestry Development environment

Posted by Andy Pahne <a....@skaffen.de>.

great. is it Windows only? Or will there be some kind of install.sh, too?

If I can, I would help you out with a Linux port, because I mainly do my
development tasks on a Linux box.

Andy