Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> on 2011/02/02 22:15:36 UTC

RE: svn commit: r1066604 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/svn/main.c

This patch most likely breaks localization of this text and I'm not sure if we should really change the examples to show the quoting. If this is a cmd.exe requirement I don't think we should perform the escaping as there are more ways to run svn than just from cmd.

Adding some note suggesting the quoting after the main help text might be more appropriate and this would be easier to localize.

	Bert

Re: svn commit: r1066604 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/svn/main.c

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 10:15:36PM +0100, Bert Huijben wrote:

> [...]

I was thinking of people who copy-paste the examples onto the command
line. I suppose people who aren't using cmd.exe are more likely to know
what they need to type than others.

Well, I had to revert it anyway because it broke the Windows build.
Sorry about the noise.

> Adding some note suggesting the quoting after the main help text might be more appropriate and this would be easier to localize.

Agreed.

Stefan