Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ruchit <ru...@ei-india.com> on 2014/04/15 06:08:28 UTC

Using JMeter to simulate video viewing traffic

In my application some of the viewers would be viewing videos. We are using
HTML5 video tags to play videos in the application. To simulate this
functionality, I am running a test plan which makes HTTP requests to one
video for the number of users we want to simuate.

Now, the issue is, the test plan gives error "ERROR -
jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed! java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space" even for 10 users. The video size is 21MB. I doubt that test
plan is keeping the videos in the HEAP space of java. I have tried to
increase the heap space with no success. What is the best way to simulate
video traffic with JMeter? What should I change in my current approach.

Regards,
Ruchit

Re: Using JMeter to simulate video viewing traffic

Posted by ruchit <ru...@ei-india.com>.
Thanks Manish!

Your suggestion was helpful. Test plan alright now. Thanks alot!

Re: Using JMeter to simulate video viewing traffic

Posted by Manish Sapariya <ma...@kpoint.com>.
Hi Ruchit,

We do similar tests and set "Check response as MD5 hash?" to true
for video fetching sampler.

This do not save the complete response but just compute the MD5 of
the response.

Thanks and Regards,
Manish
Create Discoverable Videos <http://www.kpoint.com/plans/> | @manishsapariya