Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/28 23:55:51 UTC

Table and Figure numbering in the docs

I thought that this had been fixed a few months back, but when I look
at all of the output formats for the derby docs, each table and figure
is listed as "Table 1" or
"Figure 1" instead of being numbered sequentially... regardless of the
output format.

I looked in Jira and I could not find an issue (open or closed)
associated with this.

--
Laura Stewart

Re: Table and Figure numbering in the docs

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 9/28/06, Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/28/06, Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is weird. I see that it is working in the Tuning Guide, but when
> > I look at the Developers Guide it is not...
>
> Table numbering in the dev guide is correct, figure numbering is not.
> I suspect its a very similar problem to the table numbering, so it
> should be a quick fix, I'll look into it.

Fixed with revision 451052.

Re: Table and Figure numbering in the docs

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 9/28/06, Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is weird. I see that it is working in the Tuning Guide, but when
> I look at the Developers Guide it is not...

Table numbering in the dev guide is correct, figure numbering is not.
I suspect its a very similar problem to the table numbering, so it
should be a quick fix, I'll look into it.

andrew

Re: Table and Figure numbering in the docs

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 9/28/06, Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought that this had been fixed a few months back, but when I look
> at all of the output formats for the derby docs, each table and figure
> is listed as "Table 1" or
> "Figure 1" instead of being numbered sequentially... regardless of the
> output format.
>
> I looked in Jira and I could not find an issue (open or closed)
> associated with this.

In which manual are you seeing this? The reference manual looks fine, see:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/ref-single.html
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefexcept71493.html

I (thought I) fixed the table numbering with DERBY-408. Note that in
the HTML pages documentation, numbering is per single html page, not
per manual. For HTML Book and PDF output, the tables are numbered
sequentially throughout the manual.

andrew