Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Sergey Evdokimov <se...@gridgain.com> on 2015/04/29 11:41:09 UTC

Problems in GridContinuousProcessor

We have a problem in GridContinuousProcessor, when new node is joined to
topology it collects registered routines in collectDiscoveryData() on each
node. But data collected in collectDiscoveryData() on client will no be
send to another nodes, because client node is not in the ring. So routines
created on client node will not be registered on new node, see
TcpClientDiscoverySelfTest#testDataExchangeFromClient() test.

Have any idea how to fix it?

Re: Problems in GridContinuousProcessor

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Sergey, I see your point. We can refactor continuous routines to use
discovery custom messages (same as for dynamic caches) and make all servers
know about routines started so far (again, same as for dynamic caches).
This way, whenever new client or server joins, other servers in topology
can supply all the info without querying clients. This will make the
topology more stable and almost fully independent from client connection
stability and speed.

Let me know if you have questions.

--Yakov