Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Ilia Soldatenko <so...@infolio.ru> on 2005/01/25 21:33:03 UTC

CLA

Hello.

Once I was registered as a commiter to apache documentation project. I could
connect to apache web server and commit translated documents via cvs. Then I
was asked to sign Contributor License Agreement. I did so and sent it at
1901 Munsey Drive, Forest Hill, MD 21050-2747, U.S.A. at the 5 of March
2004. I send it with notification which returned at 17 March 2004 indicating
that it was recieved.

But now I'm trying to connect to cvs.apache.org but the server refuses my
connections telling me that I haven't signed CLA.

What should I do in this situation?

Ilia Soldis

Re: CLA

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 11:33:03PM +0300, Ilia Soldatenko wrote:
> But now I'm trying to connect to cvs.apache.org but the server refuses my
> connections telling me that I haven't signed CLA.

It seems to have slipped through the cracks - the signed CLA is
registered and the account needs to be reenabled. I'll pass on your
message so that the account can be reopened.

vh

Mads Toftum

Re: translation issues

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/ for 2.1 and
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x/docs/ for 2.0.

> And one more question. All documents that were translated into Russian up
> to this moment now contains such line:
>
> <This translation may be out of date. Check the English version for
> recent changes>
>
> What should I do to remove it? (Is it possible at all? - or may be this
> line is mandatory)

This line occurs if the english revision, which the translation refers to
was modified. You can have it in Russian by translating the text in
style/lang/ru.xml. However, here's an example how to work with it:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x/docs/manual/install.xml.ru
contains the comment

<!-- English Revision: 97974:106849 (outdated) -->

on the top. This means, the English revision you've used while translating
is 97974 and the current one (of the English) is 106849. To get the
differences between these two revisions, cd into the manual directory and
type:

svn diff -r 97974:106849 install.xml

When you've applied the differences to the translation, change the comment
on the top to:

<!-- English Revision: 106849 -->

and rebuild the docs.
Oh... the build tools are now in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/docs-build/trunk/, so to get them,
change into the manual directory and just check them out:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/docs-build/trunk build

Welcome back :-)

nd
--