Posted to announce@apache.org by Quentin Pradet <qu...@apache.org> on 2018/11/10 13:37:17 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Libcloud 2.4.0 release

Libcloud is a Python library that abstracts away the differences among
multiple cloud provider APIs. It allows users to manage cloud services
(servers, storage, loadbalancers, DNS) offered by many different providers
through a single, unified and easy to use API.

We are pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 2.4.0!

The most notable change is Python 3.7 support. There is also a new
Scaleway driver, and various improvements, mostly for compute drivers.

Full change log can be found at
https://libcloud.readthedocs.io/en/v2.4.0/changelog.html#changes-in-apache-libcloud-2-4-0

Download

Libcloud 2.4.0 can be downloaded from
https://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
or installed using pip:

pip install apache-libcloud

Upgrading

If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:

pip install --upgrade apache-libcloud

Upgrade notes

A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible
changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible
can be found at https://libcloud.apache.org/upgrade-notes.html.

Documentation

API documentation can be found at https://libcloud.readthedocs.io/en/v2.4.0/

Bugs / Issues

If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD>.
Don't forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your
problem.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible!

* Adam Friedman
* Alexander Grooff
* Andreas Hasenack
* Andrew Starr-Bochicchio