Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/11/10 11:44:09 UTC

Call for participation: ApacheCon 2013

I know the ASF don't like advertising on their mailing lists, but they have
a special exemption for conferences -especially their own

Having just returned from an excellent ApacheCon EU, where there was lots
of coverage on topics that would interest this list: Hadoop, Cassandra,
CloudStack, server-side web applications and others, I'd strongly recommend
attending this conference. It's not just the technical nature of the talks,
but the fact that you are in knee deep with the developers, where the
discussions can range from MR classloader issues to what happens when a
whale falls onto your datacentre (this had happened to 3% of the audience
at the HBase talk, so don't ignore it)

If you can get a talk submission on how you are using Hadoop in by Sunday
Evening, Nov 11, then you get the opportunity to have your applications
reviewed by the experts

-steve