Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Lalit Nagpal <la...@rediffmail.com> on 2006/08/03 14:50:54 UTC

error when running activemq.bat

Hi

I tried running activemq.bat and got the following error ... any ideas what
this problem is ....

E:\installed\incubator-activemq-4.0.1\bin>activemq.bat
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
    -client       to select the "client" VM
    -server       to select the "server" VM
    -hotspot      is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]
                  The default VM is client.

    -cp <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
    -classpath <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
                  A ; separated list of directories, JAR archives,
                  and ZIP archives to search for class files.
    -D<name>=<value>
                  set a system property
    -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
                  enable verbose output
    -version      print product version and exit
    -showversion  print product version and continue
    -? -help      print this help message
    -X            print help on non-standard options
    -ea[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
    -enableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
                  enable assertions
    -da[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
    -disableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
                  disable assertions
    -esa | -enablesystemassertions
                  enable system assertions
    -dsa | -disablesystemassertions
                  disable system assertions

Re: error when running activemq.bat

Posted by Lalit Nagpal <la...@rediffmail.com>.
Thanks James the prob indeed was with the env variable ACTIVEMQ_HOME
it contained E:\installed\incubator-activemq-4.0.1\
I removed the last back slash \
works now ... thanks

Re: error when running activemq.bat

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
I wonder if you have some environment variable with a space in it?

Whats the output of 'env'?

On 8/3/06, Lalit Nagpal <la...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I tried running activemq.bat and got the following error ... any ideas what
> this problem is ....
>
> E:\installed\incubator-activemq-4.0.1\bin>activemq.bat
> Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
>            (to execute a class)
>    or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
>            (to execute a jar file)
>
> where options include:
>     -client       to select the "client" VM
>     -server       to select the "server" VM
>     -hotspot      is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]
>                   The default VM is client.
>
>     -cp <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
>     -classpath <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
>                   A ; separated list of directories, JAR archives,
>                   and ZIP archives to search for class files.
>     -D<name>=<value>
>                   set a system property
>     -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
>                   enable verbose output
>     -version      print product version and exit
>     -showversion  print product version and continue
>     -? -help      print this help message
>     -X            print help on non-standard options
>     -ea[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>     -enableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>                   enable assertions
>     -da[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>     -disableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
>                   disable assertions
>     -esa | -enablesystemassertions
>                   enable system assertions
>     -dsa | -disablesystemassertions