Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Russell P. Sutherland" <ru...@quist.ca> on 2005/03/14 20:50:52 UTC

Multiple local configurations

Is it possible to use the spamc/spamd pair
by invoking spamc with a per instance refernence
to a list of customized local.cf files?

I would like to have different rules on a per
destination domain basis. Is this possible?

--
Quist Consulting		Email: russ@quist.ca
219 Donlea Drive 		Voice: +1.416.696.7600

Re: Multiple local configurations

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 02:50 PM 3/14/2005, Russell P. Sutherland wrote:
>Is it possible to use the spamc/spamd pair
>by invoking spamc with a per instance refernence
>to a list of customized local.cf files?

No, local.cf level files are parsed only at the start of spamd. By the time
spamc is called, it's too late.

>I would like to have different rules on a per
>destination domain basis. Is this possible?

You have 2 options:

1) run 2 spamds, each with different listening ports specified with -p, and
different --siteconfigpath's. Select which one you use by what you pass to
-p on the spamc command line.

         Advantage: easy, and still allows per-user customization.
         Drawback: doesn't scale well, wastes memory

2) if you don't have per-user customization, you could create 2 user
accounts and pass the appropriate username to spamc -u. You'd also need
"allow_user_rules 1" in your local.cf, which is not a risk if no untrusted
users have local accounts that can log in.