Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Chris Cheshire <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/19 22:12:02 UTC

[commons-net] FTP over SSL?

Looking through the archives, there are a few questions dating back to
2004 about being able to use commons-net FTP client to do an FTP
transfer over an SSL connection, but no concrete answer about
yes/no/coming.

The closest to a concrete answer I found is this, from March 2006:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-user&m=114413197423639&w=2

So I'll pose the question again - is it possible to do FTP over SSL
with commons-net? If so, how?

What needs changing from a standard implementation of FTPClient to get
it to work?

Thanks

Chris

RE: [commons-net] FTP over SSL?

Posted by Kedar Panse <ke...@bancbridge.com>.
It should be possible. Few things you have to do:

1. Write MySecureSocketFactory which implements SocketFactory (CreateSocket
will return a SSLSocket in this factory)
2. FTPClient client=new FTPClient();
            client.setSocketFactory(new MySecureSocketFactory());