Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/10 14:31:29 UTC

Solr trunk for production

Hello,

Are people using Solr trunk in serious production environments?  I suspect the
answer is yes, just want to see if there are any gotchas/warnings.

Thanks,
Otis
----

Re: Solr trunk for production

Posted by Dennis Gearon <ge...@sbcglobal.net>.
What's the syntax for spatial for that version of Solr?

 Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
----------------
It is always a good idea to learn from your own mistakes. It is usually a better
idea to learn from others’ mistakes, so you do not have to make them yourself.
from 'http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=4501&tag=nl.e036'

EARTH has a Right To Life,
otherwise we all die.

> Are people using Solr trunk in serious production environments?  I suspect the

> answer is yes, just want to see if there are any gotchas/warnings.

Yes, since it seemed the best way to get edismax with this patch[1]; and to get
the more update-friendly MergePolicy[2].

Main gotcha I noticed so far is trying to figure out appropriate times
to sync with trunk's newer patches; and whether or not we need to rebuild
our kinda big (> 1TB) indexes when we do.

[1] the patch I needed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2058
[2] nicer MergePolicy https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2602

Re: Solr trunk for production

Posted by Ron Mayer <rm...@0ape.com>.