Posted to community@apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2006/10/13 17:41:28 UTC

Meetup at Mongoose

Hello all!

Last night at the ApacheCon lightening talks I announced Mongoose:
Mildly Opinionated Networked Group Of Open Source Experts.  I've often
wondered why we don't have a informal forum for those of us who make a
living supporting open source as small independent consultants.
Apparently a few others have wondered this too, so I've put together a
mailing list and website:

   http://mongoose.jadetower.com/

If you're interested please join the list and sometime next week we'll
start a thread figuring out exactly what mild opinions we have.
However, here are a few to start:

   * For the moment, please keep access to the mailing list limited
     to Apache members and committers.

   * While everyone is free to subscribe, the intended audience is
really
     independent consultants and small firms which support open
source software.

What are we going to do at Mongoose?

Well, we'll figure that out next week.  The idea I have in my head is
a forum for asking questions, getting and sharing advice, perhaps
passing around referrals, and who knows what else.  I'm intentionally
trying to not make mongoose too formal, just mildly opinionated.

So if you're interested, please join us!  (er, just me at the moment)

---
    jaaron