Posted to users@maven.apache.org by br...@jpmorgan.com on 2006/02/07 16:37:17 UTC

Automating release:prepare

I would like to execute a release:prepare and release:perform from
continuum nightly.   The release:prepare step prompts for tag name, next
version name, etc.   Looking at
 http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html it
appears there may be a way to do this without prompting, but I'm uncertain
what the best way to do this is.

Lets say my version number is 1.0.0.0-SNAPSHOT.    Every night, I want to
run a release:prepare and release:perform and bump the last digit by 1.
So, I'd want release:prepare to change the version number to 1.0.0.0, tag
it with a label (1.0.0.0) and then bump the version to 1.0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
and then commit that.

What approach would I take to do this?   I was thinking about setting
params in continuum such as, but I dont have access to the version number
from there.    Should you configure the plugin within the pom to
accomplish this?    If so, what's the best approach for bumping the
version number?    I think the pluginVersionManager may be of use, but I'm
not sure.

Any help/direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian Yoffe

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates

Re: Automating release:prepare

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
you'll must remove release.properties after each run.

Emmanuel

Posted by John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com>.