Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Rob Sciuk <ro...@controlq.com> on 2009/06/05 17:39:15 UTC

Current status of Rivet ...

I'm in the process of moving my web servers onto a virtual machine, and
some of my legacy clients have Rivet based web sites.

I've looked at the Rivet pages (tcl.apache.org), and they still refer to
the 1.3 version of Apache, but I was under the impression that a great
deal of effort had been expended in bringing Rivet to the 2.x base of
Apache.  Is there any information on this?  Do I need to build with
threads (tcl/rivet/apache?).  Any recent information on the current
status, or pointers to what the state of the Rivet project is??

Cheers,
Rob Sciuk

Re: Current status of Rivet ...

Posted by Rob Sciuk <ro...@controlq.com>.
On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, David Welton wrote:

> Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 18:07:47 +0200
> From: David Welton <da...@dedasys.com>
> To: rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Current status of Rivet ...
>
>> I've looked at the Rivet pages (tcl.apache.org), and they still refer to the
>> 1.3 version of Apache, but I was under the impression that a great deal of
>> effort had been expended in bringing Rivet to the 2.x base of Apache. �Is
>> there any information on this? �Do I need to build with threads
>> (tcl/rivet/apache?). �Any recent information on the current status, or
>> pointers to what the state of the Rivet project is??
>
> Not a *lot* happening, but a little bit is.  Here's what I would do to
> test things out:
>
> * Try installing it with Apache 2.X on a local machine (from svn, of
> course).  Don't use a threaded Apache MPM.
>
> * See if it works with the sites you've built.
>
> * Let the list know about any problems, or if it works!
>
> That's what I'd do, at least...

Thanks, David.  This is good advice, and was akin to what I'm doing
in any event.  I suppose last nights snapshot is close enough to svn
to using svn directly ...

How's life in the Ruby universe, or have you moved along??

Cheers,
Rob.

Re: Current status of Rivet ...

Posted by David Welton <da...@dedasys.com>.