Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Chris Campbell <ca...@zodiacnetworks.com> on 2001/04/10 19:14:58 UTC

extending TurbineUser?

If the TurbineUser schema doesn't fully capture the concept of user for me,
how do I go about extending it and still be able to use the code that is
built around it? Do I have to have to hand craft my own user (implementing
User I presume ) and user-peer code and make my own user table in the db? or
is there some other simple and obvious way of doing this that I am missing.

Thanks
Chris

Re: extending TurbineUser?

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@e-point.pl>.
Chris Campbell wrote:

> If the TurbineUser schema doesn't fully capture the concept of user for me,
> how do I go about extending it and still be able to use the code that is
> built around it? Do I have to have to hand craft my own user (implementing
> User I presume ) and user-peer code and make my own user table in the db? or
> is there some other simple and obvious way of doing this that I am missing.

You can store your attributes in the perm hashtable. This requires no
tweaking
of the system at all.
If you want to store them as real columns in TURBINE_USER, you have to
modify
the table (which is rather obvious) and override TurbineMapBuilder to
pass
the information about the extra fields to TurbineUserPeer.

Alternatively, you might wait for the DBUserManager that will appear
after 2.1 branching happens. It will no longer use BLOB for storing
perm,
data, instead it will use an additional table for storing user
attributes.

Rafal

--
Rafal Krzewski
Senior Internet Developer

Re: extending TurbineUser?

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/10/01 10:14 AM, "Chris Campbell" <ca...@zodiacnetworks.com> wrote:

> If the TurbineUser schema doesn't fully capture the concept of user for me,
> how do I go about extending it and still be able to use the code that is
> built around it? Do I have to have to hand craft my own user (implementing
> User I presume ) and user-peer code and make my own user table in the db? or
> is there some other simple and obvious way of doing this that I am missing.
>
> Thanks
> Chris

public ChrisUser extends TurbineUser

services.SecurityService.user.class=ChrisUser

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous