Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Briggs Thompson <w....@gmail.com> on 2012/07/03 00:59:05 UTC

Trunk error in Tomcat

Hi All,

I just grabbed the latest version of trunk and am having a hard time
getting it running properly in tomcat. It does work fine in Jetty. The
admin screen gives the following error:
This interface requires that you activate the admin request handlers, add
the following configuration to your  Solrconfig.xml

I am pretty certain the front end error has nothing to do with the actual
error. I have seen some other folks on the distro with the same problem,
but none of the threads have a solution (that I could find). Below is the
stack trace. I also tried with different versions of Lucene but none
worked. Note: my index is EMPTY and I am not migrating over an index build
with a previous version of lucene. I think I ran into this a while ago with
an earlier version of trunk, but I don't recall doing anything to fix it.
Anyhow, if anyone has an idea with this one, please let me know.

Thanks!
Briggs Thompson

SEVERE: null:java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: LUCENE_50
at
org.apache.solr.analysis.SynonymFilterFactory$1.createComponents(SynonymFilterFactory.java:83)
at org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer.tokenStream(Analyzer.java:83)
at
org.apache.lucene.analysis.synonym.SynonymMap$Builder.analyze(SynonymMap.java:120)
at
org.apache.lucene.analysis.synonym.SolrSynonymParser.addInternal(SolrSynonymParser.java:99)
at
org.apache.lucene.analysis.synonym.SolrSynonymParser.add(SolrSynonymParser.java:70)
at
org.apache.solr.analysis.SynonymFilterFactory.loadSolrSynonyms(SynonymFilterFactory.java:131)
at
org.apache.solr.analysis.SynonymFilterFactory.inform(SynonymFilterFactory.java:93)
at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.inform(SolrResourceLoader.java:584)
at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.<init>(IndexSchema.java:112)
at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:812)
at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(CoreContainer.java:510)
at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(CoreContainer.java:333)
at
org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer.initialize(CoreContainer.java:282)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:101)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.initFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:277)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:258)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:382)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:103)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:4649)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5305)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:899)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:875)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:618)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:963)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1600)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Re: Trunk error in Tomcat

Posted by Briggs Thompson <w....@gmail.com>.
Wow! I didn't know 4.0 alpha was released today. I think I will just get
that going. Woo!!

Re: Trunk error in Tomcat

Posted by Vadim Kisselmann <v....@gmail.com>.
it works, with a "few" changes :) I think we don't need a new issue in jura.

Solr 4.0 is no longer Solr 4.0 since late february.
There were some changes in solrconfig.xml in this time.
I migrate my solr 4.0 trunk-config, which works till late february in
a new config from 4.0 alpha.

A couple of changes which i noticed:
- abortOnConfigurationError:true is gone
- luceneMatchVersion was changed to LUCENE_50
- a couple of new jars included for velocity and lang
- new directory Factory = solr.directoryFactory:solr.NRTCachingDirectoryFactory
- indexDefaults replaced by indexConfig
- updateLog added
- replication Handler for SoldCloud added
- Names for handlers were changed like "/select" for "search"
- new Handler added  <requestHandler name="/get"
class="solr.RealTimeGetHandler">
and so on...

 This "AdminHandler"-Exception is still there, when i use the
clusteringComponent, see here:
SCHWERWIEGEND: null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error

But if i comment it out, Solr starts without errors.
The paths to the clustering jar in ../contrib/clustering/lib/ is
correct and the needed jars are there, eventually we need new
jar-files?

Best regards
Vadim

Re: Trunk error in Tomcat

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Great, thanks Vadim

Re: Trunk error in Tomcat

Posted by Vadim Kisselmann <v....@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Re: Trunk error in Tomcat

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Trunk error in Tomcat

Posted by Vadim Kisselmann <v....@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,
sorry, i overlooked your latest comment with the new issue in SOLR-3238 ;)
Should i open an new issue? I´m not testing it with newer
trunk-versions about a couple of months because
solr cloud with an external ZK and tomcat fails too, but i can do it
and post all the errors which i find in my log files.

Re: Trunk error in Tomcat

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hey Vadim

Re: Trunk error in Tomcat