Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/21 23:18:28 UTC

RespTimeGraphVisualizer optimisation and ergonomy question

Hello Milamber,
Profiling a little RespTimeGraphVisualizer, I think Pattern used for Sample
Label Selection regexp should be created only once instead of doing so on
each add.
Profiling, it takes 10% of time for loading a CSV file.
Maybe best place would be when reload data is clicked.

Writing this mail, I also think something in ergonomy might be not clear:

   - For example, as a user I ask myself (without looking at code) does
   "Display Graph" take into account Sampler label selection or must I click
   "Reload Data" ?
   - When switching to Graph tab, is it equivalent to Display Graph or not ?
   - Same for "Apply interval"

Maybe there should be only one button called "Apply Changes" and switching
to tab would take all changes into account.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: RespTimeGraphVisualizer optimisation and ergonomy question

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Le 22/08/2012 08:24, Milamber a ecrit :

> Le 21/08/2012 22:18, Philippe Mouawad a ecrit :
>> Hello Milamber,
>> Profiling a little RespTimeGraphVisualizer, I think Pattern used for
>> Sample
>> Label Selection regexp should be created only once instead of doing
>> so on
>> each add.
>> Profiling, it takes 10% of time for loading a CSV file.
>> Maybe best place would be when reload data is clicked.
>
> Yes you're probably right. I will make the change.

Done.
Todo: Aggregate graph

>> Writing this mail, I also think something in ergonomy might be not
>> clear:
>>
>>     - For example, as a user I ask myself (without looking at code) does
>>     "Display Graph" take into account Sampler label selection or must
>> I click
>>     "Reload Data" ?
>
> You must click on Reload data (to reload the data with the filter
> applied). Perhaps, the button label must be "Apply filter".

I will change the label "Reload data" to "Apply filter" on the response
time graph and aggregate graph too.

>>     - When switching to Graph tab, is it equivalent to Display Graph
>> or not ?
>
> Yes. I can add a event listener when we switch to Graph tab to execute
> the Display graph action.

Done.
Todo: Aggregate graph

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.