Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mehul Sanghvi <me...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/05 18:19:15 UTC

errors when using release:update-versions

I am trying to use the following:

   mvn -V -B release:update-versions -DdevelopmentVersion=1.2.3.4-SNAPSHOT

and it keeps coming back with the following:

     [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0:update-versions
(default-cli) on project FUBAR: Missing required setting: scm connection or
developerConnection must be specified.

We do not use the maven scm plugin.  The POMs are all checked out locally
on my system, and ready for editing.  So why is it complaining about the
scm connection and developerConnection ?

I tried to google and read the documents, but I am most likely missing
someting in my interpretation of things.

cheers,

     mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com

Re: errors when using release:update-versions

Posted by Mehul Sanghvi <me...@gmail.com>.
Karl,

      Thanks for the information.  Based on your response, it seems that I
have specify the SCM in order to use
maven-release-plugin.  I have also found the versions-maven-plugin, which
seems to do what I want it to do, without
using the SCM from maven.  There are plenty of other files that I need to
update as part of the version change, and I don't
want to have multiple change lists for it.

      As for the ancient version of the release plugin, I'll update the
version information in the next development cycle.

cheers,

       mehul

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,