Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Peters, Michael D." <Mi...@acbl.net> on 2003/04/10 21:19:13 UTC

[users@httpd] How to turn on PHP? - Solaris 9

I am running Apache 2.0.45 without any issues. My trouble is that I cannot
get PHP enabled for some reason. This is a Solaris 9 Sparc. I built
everything with gnumake and gcc.

I built PHP using the configure --with-mysql
--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl
--with-xml --with-gettext --with-imap --with-ldap

This is what I know for sure:

# /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_so.c
#

I have these entries in my httpd.conf file:

LoadModule php4_module /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html .htm
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.html.var index.htm

Does anyone have a suggestion that might solve this?

Best regards,

Michael D. Peters

Re: [users@httpd] How to turn on PHP? - Solaris 9

Posted by Laurent Blume <la...@infores.com>.
Peters, Michael D. wrote:
> I built PHP using the configure --with-mysql
> --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl
> --with-xml --with-gettext --with-imap --with-ldap
>
> This is what I know for sure:
>
> # /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -l
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
[snip]
>   mod_so.c
> #
> I have these entries in my httpd.conf file:
>
> LoadModule php4_module /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp4.so
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html .htm
> DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.html.var index.htm
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion that might solve this?

Just an idea, maybe it would help to build Apache with shared modules only.
I don't know if it is possible to add a shared PHP module to a
statically built Apache (never tried it myself, I always do everything
shared).

Also, just in case, I take it you checked that the libphp4.so file is in
the right directory ?

Laurent
--
   IRI-Secodip                  www.infores.com