Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com> on 2007/08/06 18:23:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Archiva-1.0-beta-1

Hi All,

Archiva 1.0-beta-1 is now ready for release.

The highlights of this release are:
- reporting
- repository purge
- fixes in configuration, search and browse

You can access the release notes for Archiva 1.0-beta-1 here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=13604&styleName=Text&projectId=10980&Create=Create
<http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=13604&styleName=Text&projectId=10980&Create=Create>

While the binaries including the sources, checksums and signatures can
be found in:

http://people.apache.org/builds/maven/archiva/1.0-beta-1/

Everyone is encouraged to vote and give their feedback.

[ ]  +1  Release it!
[ ]   0
[ ]  -1  Don't release it, because...

The vote will be open for 72 hours. So, cast your votes now ;-)

Here's my +1

Thanks,
Deng

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva-1.0-beta-1

Posted by John Tolentino <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 :-)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 07/08/2007, at 6:45 PM, nicolas de loof wrote:

> But latter, I get an Error about Unknown checksum policyCode [cache]
>
> jvm 1    | 2007-08-07 10:37:20,481 [SocketListener0-1] ERROR
> org.apache.maven.archiva.policies.PreDownloadPolicy:cache-failures  -
> Unknown checksum policyCode

I thought this was a known issue - I got it in the alpha's as well.
Using "ignore failures" on the proxy connector works for me.

> I also had to delete my old $HOME/.m2/archiva.xml as I cannot make any
> change in the configuration "cannot save configuration when 2
> sources are
> used".
> Is there any update guide to convert old-style configuration into
> archiva
> 1.0 ? If none, why does archiva still read this deprecated and
> uneditable
> archiva.xml file ?

That's my fault - sorry. You can remove the dummy conf/archiva.xml
file as well to retain the use of ~/.m2/archiva.xml (the format and
location have not changed). I added some code to fail fast in
situations where the configuration might look like it was saved and
is not (ie, when you have an appserver config and a user config).

I've filed an issue to both make this clearer and more elegant.
Really, we should just ban list items existing in both.

- Brett

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva-1.0-beta-1

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
Noted. I'll look into that wrapper problem.. Thanks!

-Deng

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

I gave it a run through...indexing is working fine, the find artifact works
like a charm...some nice progress on archiva recently

should be a good beta :)

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Archiva-1.0-beta-1

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I just reopenned it.
Seems there was confusion between ProxyRequestHandler and ProxiedDavServer.

Having to handle snapshots requires to bypass any optimisation of searching
for existing artifacts. Maybe we could detect the request to point to an
artifact (or meta-datas) ? Or maybe this should be delegated to the
managedRepository itself, so that such optimisation gets out of the servlet
scope.

Nico.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
Why is this no longer valid ?

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
MRM-460 created.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I also found an issue related to my configuration changes that a
filed for beta-2. None of these are blocking...

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
+1 from me too.

- Joakim

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1, works well

Emmanuel

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
The vote has passed with the following results:

5 Binding Votes (Brett, Jesse, John T., Emmanuel, Joakim)
1 Non-binding Vote (Myself)

I'll finalize the release and send an announcement.

Thanks,
Deng

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1