Posted to user@struts.apache.org by stanlick <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/26 20:21:43 UTC

RE: OGNL runtime viewer

Wes --

I have a situation where the ParametersInterceptor cannot set a value on my
action on account of an invalid method signature.  I know all about this,
but I'm bewildered at what *is* happening!  It appears to be setting the
value someplace {valuestack?} because my subsequent page is revealing the
correct data selected from the <s:select/> control.  Is there a way I can
issue a find() against the valuestack using the OGNL viewer?

Scott

Wesley Wannemacher wrote:

> Scott,
>
> Using the OGNL console is like working interactively with perl or
> python, you just issue commands in OGNL and they will be evaluated and
> printed in the console. Here is a quick sample session ->
>
> Welcome to the OGNL console!
> :-> #request
> {struts.valueStack=com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.OgnlValueStack@ee90b1,
> __cleanup_recursion_counter=1, decorator=none}
>
> :-> execute()
> success
>
> :-> input()
> input
>
> :-> noMethod()
> null
>
> :-> #session
> {__sitemesh__robot=false,
> org.apache.struts2.interceptor.debugging.VALUE_STACK=com.opensymphony.xw
> ork2.ognl.OgnlValueStack@ee90b1}
>
> :-> #application
> {org.apache.myfaces.config.RuntimeConfig=org.apache.myfaces.config.Runti
> meConfig@a9aa83,
> [snip]

Re: OGNL runtime viewer

Posted by st...@gmail.com.
2.0.11

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are on 2.1 you can use the context browser to navigate the
> context. I think the value stack object is in the context, but I don't
> remember the key and don't have the code at hand now.
>
> musachy
>
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 3:21 PM, stanlick <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Wes --
> >
> >  I have a situation where the ParametersInterceptor cannot set a value
> on my
> >  action on account of an invalid method signature.  I know all about
> this,
> >  but I'm bewildered at what *is* happening!  It appears to be setting
> the
> >  value someplace {valuestack?} because my subsequent page is revealing
> the
> >  correct data selected from the <s:select/> control.  Is there a way I
> can
> >  issue a find() against the valuestack using the OGNL viewer?
> >
> >  Scott
> >

> >  Wesley Wannemacher wrote:
> >  >
> >  > Scott,
> >  >
> >  > Using the OGNL console is like working interactively with perl or
> >  > python, you just issue commands in OGNL and they will be evaluated
> and
> >  > printed in the console. Here is a quick sample session ->
> >  >
> >  > Welcome to the OGNL console!
> >  > :-> #request
> >  > {struts.valueStack=com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.OgnlValueStack@ee90b1
> ,
> >  > __cleanup_recursion_counter=1, decorator=none}
> >  >
> >  > :-> execute()
> >  > success
> >  >
> >  > :-> input()
> >  > input
> >  >
> >  > :-> noMethod()
> >  > null
> >  >
> >  > :-> #session
> >  > {__sitemesh__robot=false,
> >  >
> org.apache.struts2.interceptor.debugging.VALUE_STACK=com.opensymphony.xw
> >  > ork2.ognl.OgnlValueStack@ee90b1}
> >  >
> >  > :-> #application
> >  > {
> org.apache.myfaces.config.RuntimeConfig=org.apache.myfaces.config.Runti
> >  > meConfig@a9aa83,
> >  > [snip]
> >  >
> >  >