Posted to user@ant.apache.org by James Manning <jm...@computer.org> on 2000/10/29 18:39:39 UTC

problem referencing properties in

Hi!

I set a property in ant via -Dfoo=bar in its command-line... while all
other tasks have no problem working off of ${foo}, I need to also pass
that property as an argument when I run the program with the <java> task.

The problem is the arg is still ${foo} and hasn't been interpolated.

Is this a known problem?  intentional behavior?  Any known workaround?

Thanks,

James
--
James Manning <jm...@computer.org>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4

Re: problem referencing properties in

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 JM> The problem is the arg is still ${foo} and hasn't been
 JM> interpolated.

Could you please send us a snippet of your build file? ${foo} should
expand (almost) everywhere and of course inside the args attribute of
<java>. I'd guess there is a typo in your buildfile.

Stefan