Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by john smith <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/10 18:34:08 UTC

document field indexing

Hi
 Lets say we have a single lucene document that has two text fields:
field1 and field2.
 Data kept in field1 is a long string that changes rarely. It takes some
time to index it.
 Data kept in field2 is a short string and changes often.

 Is it possible to update (reindex) document field2 without reindexing
the whole document  ?

Regards
John

Re: document field indexing

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
No. One of the most frequent requests is update-in-place,
but if you search the mail archive you'll find the reasons why it's
not going to happen.

Erick