Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com> on 2012/06/11 13:28:21 UTC

LBHttpSolrServer doc needs a little improvement

The wiki for LBHttpSolrServer is a little out of date. It says the feature “experimental” and “currently being developed” even though SOLR-844 is closed. There are a couple of “LB!HttpSolrServer” links that point to nonexistent pages. The class javadoc has half but not all of the doc from the wiki. The simplest solution may be to move the rest of the wiki doc into the javadoc. I’m not sure what should be done with the wiki though. How can a wiki link to javadoc when the link depends on Solr release? Or, maybe just make the wiki and javadoc be the same.

And the SolrJ wiki makes no mention of LBHttpSolrServer.

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: LBHttpSolrServer doc needs a little improvement

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Thanks. I wasn't sure what the policy was for wiki updates by non-commiters.

I updated the wiki as I specified, including the addition of a reference on
the SolrJ wiki. And a bunch of typos and a couple of errors in the example
code as well.

-- Jack Krupansky

On Jun 11, 2012, at 7:28 AM, Jack Krupansky wrote:

> The wiki for LBHttpSolrServer is a little out of date. It says the feature
> “experimental” and “currently being developed” even though SOLR-844 is
> closed. There are a couple of “LB!HttpSolrServer” links that point to
> nonexistent pages. The class javadoc has half but not all of the doc from
> the wiki. The simplest solution may be to move the rest of the wiki doc
> into the javadoc. I’m not sure what should be done with the wiki though.
> How can a wiki link to javadoc when the link depends on Solr release? Or,
> maybe just make the wiki and javadoc be the same.
>
> And the SolrJ wiki makes no mention of LBHttpSolrServer.
>
> -- Jack Krupansky

Feel free to jump in and make improvements - anyone can edit the wiki, and
there are many instances of out of date information, or holes in
information.

- Mark

Re: LBHttpSolrServer doc needs a little improvement

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.