Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by davewolfs <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/14 01:05:12 UTC

Maximum number of durable topics per MQ instance.

Hello everyone,

I am hoping that some of you could provide me with some realistic numbers on
the maximum number of Durable Topic subscribers.

I have never worked with Active MQ so I am not familiar with it's limits.
In a production environment what are some realistic numbers for the maximum
durable topic subscribers?

Is ActiveMQ capable of handling durable subscribers in the thousands i.e.
5000 subscribers or is a number like this pushing the limits.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Dave

Re: Maximum number of durable topics per MQ instance.

Posted by davewolfs <da...@gmail.com>.
You bring up some good points with respect to file descriptors.  Any ideas
what the maximums are on an OS like linux?  I was actually considering
modifying the REST Servlet so that it can support durable subscribers and if
this was the case then there is potential for a single JVM process to have
upwards of 3000 concurrent connections to the MQ server.

Do you see this as being a potential problem?

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
FYI - I downloaded AIO4J and give it a whirl against ActiveMQ 5. Unless I'm
missing something, AIO4J is not  supported in ActiveMQ 5. The 'activeio' and
'aio' transport schemes (e.g., activeio:aio://localhost:61616 or
aio://localhost:61616) are not supported and there is no reference in the
activemq and activeio trunks to "com.ibm.io.*"

Joe
www.ttmsolutions.com

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Thanks, Bruce.

Joe

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: Maximum number of durable topics per MQ instance.

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.