Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Chuck Johnson <cd...@viviport.com> on 2001/06/27 22:21:11 UTC

Pull Service

All,

I'm a bit confused by the configuration of the Turbine Pull Service in
Jetspeed.  In the TR.p file, the Pull Service is configured to make various
tools available in the Velocity context ($jetspeed, $jlink, etc.).

However, this same context setup work is explicitly handled in the
JetspeedVelocityPage object which is defined as the default Page for
Velocity template rendering.

Is the configuration of the Pull Service necessary for Jetspeed?  It appears
to be redundant (e.g. commenting out the definition in the TR.p of the
$jetspeed tool does not cause any problems.)

Could someone shed some light on my confusion?

Thanks,
Chuck

--
Charles D. Johnson

Vice President of Engineering
ViviPort, Inc., North Andover, Massachusetts USA
978.686.0096 | cdjohns@viviport.com | www.viviport.com

Re: Pull Service

Posted by Raphaƫl Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.
Chuck Johnson wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm a bit confused by the configuration of the Turbine Pull Service in
> Jetspeed.  In the TR.p file, the Pull Service is configured to make various
> tools available in the Velocity context ($jetspeed, $jlink, etc.).
>
> However, this same context setup work is explicitly handled in the
> JetspeedVelocityPage object which is defined as the default Page for
> Velocity template rendering.
>
> Is the configuration of the Pull Service necessary for Jetspeed?  It appears
> to be redundant (e.g. commenting out the definition in the TR.p of the
> $jetspeed tool does not cause any problems.)
>
> Could someone shed some light on my confusion?

The explicit set was done before the Pull service existed. It's the explicit
context set which is redundant, not the Pull config.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris