Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by DELGRANCHE David <dd...@sogitec.fr> on 2001/10/18 17:25:55 UTC

XercesC++ vs MSXML on Windows platform

			Hi all,

	I'm using MSXML4 on a NT platform to parse and modify XML documents.
I'm testing my application and have memory problems. It seems that the
application doesn't release my object. If I execute my application many
successive times, I have no more memory available!!
	I have check all my memory allocations and I release everything!
Does someone know if MSXML has known problems with memory use? Does Xerces
make a better use of memory?

	Thanks for help

	David.

DELGRANCHE David
SOGITEC Industries
Division Documentation et Systèmes
24 avenue Lavoisier
BP 7408
35174 BRUZ cedex
Tél: 02.99.05.34.25
Fax: 02.99.05.34.05
email: ddelgranche@sogitec.fr

Re: XercesC++ vs MSXML on Windows platform

Posted by Don Mastrovito <dm...@marathontechnologies.com>.
David,

I had a similar experience with MSXML3/4.  I originally used MSXML because
it was the native XML parser for windows and in many respects, provides
richer (more functional) APIs.  However the memory leakage and deployment
problems caused me to seek other alternatives.  With Xerces, the most
common complaint has been in the area of memory leaks, but the problems are
being addressed in a timely fashion.

Don