Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Paul Smith <pa...@lawlex.com.au> on 2003/12/09 03:16:43 UTC

Re: Can we control the logging level to class level instead of package level?

you'll need to switch additivity off for the logger you want disabled,
otherwise the LoggingEvent gets passed up the logger hierarchy to the
root logger

The short manual has info on this:

http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html (see the bit on
additivity)

But when you get Ceki's book, that'll help even more.

Paul