Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Nik Silver <ni...@jtrix.org> on 2001/12/19 14:06:56 UTC

Lucene/Jtrix collaboration

Hi there,

I wonder if you (Lucene developers) would be interested in a collaboration
with us at Jtrix.org? There's lots of info on our http://www.jtrix.org
but briefly...

We're developing an open source platform for mobile, highly distributed,
scalable applications (now 2yrs in), including Web sites. With Lucene
in Jtrix we'd have a highly distributed search engine which a user
could "call in" as a Web service whenever and wherever they need it.
Ownership, management and use would all be completely independent.

We've already packaged Tomcat like this in a rough way to prove the point,
and there's lots more in the Jakarta cannon we'd like to get to soon.
But Lucene is is a great model because it's mature open source s/ware.
And we use it ourselves ;-)

There's plenty more to discuss, but please let me know your feeling. Cheers
Nik

--
Nik Silver                                E: nik.silver@jtrix.org
Director of Projects                      T: +44 20 7395 4990

Java OCR Api

Posted by Cory Hubert <cl...@ttech.org>.
	Anyone know of a good one.   Figure it may be a good idea to create add
some functionality that would allow Lucene to index images via OCR. Like
http://catalogs.google.com.