Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Deepa Kapadia <de...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/14 13:09:49 UTC

[commons.net] Unable to open download files from FTP

Hi,

I m using commons.net in my project.

I can not able to open any files which r downloaded from web server
using commons.net FTP.

I have wrote one FTPClient Java program using commons.net , which can =
download any files
from web server.

I can successfully download the files, but while opening any files
like .xls, I got following error at my desktop side.

This is the error msg
"activation.xls" cannot be accessed. The file may be
read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or,
the server the document is stored on may not be reponding.

And this file is not read-only, it has full permission.

>From another FTPClient s/w I can download and open my files =
succussfully.

And I have tried out with ftp example given in commons.net-1.4.1 dir, =
but it is also giving same error.

Plz help me out.
Awaiting for ur prompt & positive reply.

Thanx,
Deepa Kapadia