Posted to user@struts.apache.org by hemant <ya...@softhome.net> on 2002/06/04 16:25:38 UTC

Options Tag, Multiple Use of Property

Comrades,

Here is a Scenario.

Let us say we have 2 kinds of value objects extending a base ValueObject.
AVo and BVo extend BaseVo and BaseVo has a method getKey()

Now I have a collection of AVo's and another collection of BVo's. I want to
provide the descriptions of these VO's in a dropdown and capture the key
during the process. Both the dropdowns exist in the same form.

so the code would be something like.

labelProperty="formattedDescription"/>

So, that takes care of AVo collection in a dropdown.

labelProperty="formattedDescription"/>

This is what I have to do to capture BVo's keys.

Now I also want to have a drop down of BVo collection but the key[] in
"formbean" is already filled by AVo collection parameters. How can I use the
dropdown and capture the BVo's keys?

Thanks for your time.
hemant