Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Ray <rt...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/27 07:11:40 UTC

I would like to contribute to the Mahout library

Mahout Developers:

I would like to make some kind of contribution to the Mahout library.
To this end, here are a couple of ideas:

1) Sign up to maintain the fpgrowth code, with the thought of adding
some alternative to the Hadoop MapReduce portion of the implementation.

2) Is there still interest in a deep autoencoder for time series?

I do have a background in neural networks, and a very strong background
in math.  I lean towards working on an autoencoder thing.  Then again,
I'm open to suggestions.

Regards, Ray Melton.

Re: I would like to contribute to the Mahout library

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 6:11 AM, Ray <rt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Sign up to maintain the fpgrowth code, with the thought of adding some
> alternative to the Hadoop MapReduce portion of the implementation.
>
> 2) Is there still interest in a deep autoencoder for time series?

Both of these are of interest, the first particularly so since several
people have asked about this lately.

Having a non-map-reduce version of fp-growth would make it possible to
maintain that code going forward.