Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Amna&Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/20 10:38:10 UTC

Two problems.......

Hi...
1) This has benn asked earlier as well. Actually we want to add a button/menu-
item that will link to an executable file.
Plz tell us how to do that(the adding of menu-item and the linking)

2) We don't know Swiss German, so we can't find our way around on the Zurich
university site, and so we can't access those "samples" mentioned on lenya-
Wiki.
Can anybody provide us a direct link to those samples?????

Re: scheduler problem in 1.2.3

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Lee Carroll wrote:

>> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=151332&view=rev
>>
>> did you switch to cocoon 2.1.7 at the same time?
>

> I used the bin install of leya 1.2.3.
>
> I've raised a bug. I'mnow worrying that the bin dist was the wrong option ?

the bin is indeed compiled with 2.1.7. you may want to compile the 1.2.3
sources against 2.1.6

Re: scheduler problem in 1.2.3

Posted by Lee Carroll <le...@aol.com>.
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=151332&view=rev
>
> did you switch to cocoon 2.1.7 at the same time?

I used the bin install of leya 1.2.3.

I've raised a bug. I'mnow worrying that the bin dist was the wrong option ?

Lee C

Re: scheduler problem in 1.2.3

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Lee Carroll wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Wolfgang,
>
> What is strange is that in my case it seems that the upgrade from lenya
> 1.2.2 > 1.2.3 is the problem.
> The same version of tomcat is being used. 1.2.2 scheduler runs fine.

might have to do with the DOMStreamer:

Re: scheduler problem in 1.2.3

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Lee Carroll wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Wolfgang,
>
> What is strange is that in my case it seems that the upgrade from
> lenya 1.2.2 > 1.2.3 is the problem.
> The same version of tomcat is being used. 1.2.2 scheduler runs fine.

when was the change from Lenya's quartz scheduler library to Cocoon's
quartz scheduler  library? Maybe it has something to do with this
switch, but I am just guessing.

Michi

> Cheers Lee C

Michael Wechner

Re: scheduler problem in 1.2.3

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <jw...@apache.org>.
Lee Carroll schrieb:
> Thanks for the reply Wolfgang,
>
> What is strange is that in my case it seems that the upgrade from lenya
> 1.2.2 > 1.2.3 is the problem.
> The same version of tomcat is being used. 1.2.2 scheduler runs fine.

I just tested Lenya 1.2.3 (binary release), and have no problems with
the scheduler.
Using this environment:
- jetty (the one from the binary release)
- java version "1.4.2_06"
- Linux 2.4.21-286-default (standard SuSE 9.0)

I tried these scenarios:
- create a document & edit it, submit it. Then schedule it for
publication a couple of minutes later -> test OK
- same test, but stop the servlet container after scheduling. Restart it
before publication time. -> test OK

Lee, are you saying that you have problems only when you restarted your
servlet container ?
Are you restarting your servlet container with jobs that you scheduled
in the same version ? Just to be sure, I recommend you delete your old
jobs.xml before re-testing anything.
It's in pubs/<pub-name>/config/scheduler

--
Wolfgang

Re: scheduler problem in 1.2.3

Re: scheduler problem in 1.2.3

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <jw...@apache.org>.
Lee Carroll schrieb:
> A couple of days ago I mailed about a problem with the schedule in 1.2.3
>
> I was not sure if this is specific to my set up or a bug.
>
> What appears to be happening is that the process which creates the
> scheduled job (and persists it in the jobs.xml file
> pub/default/config/scheduler/jobs.xml) creates elements prefixed with
> task (ie <task:task> or task:parameter). However jobs.xml does not map
> the prefix to a namespace and the rest of lenya which I'm guessing reads
> jobs.xml, do not understand these prefixed elements. Hence the errors
> (example snippet below)
>
> Has anyone come across this problem. Any ideas what is wrong would be
> greatly appreciated.
 > (...)
 > a.. tomcat 5.0.28
 > (...)
 > org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The prefix "task" for element "task:task"

Lee,
I had that same problem when I updated our server from Suse Linux 9.0 to
Suse Linux 9.2; which had the effect of updating to Tomcat 5. Since the
exact same Lenya installation worked before (and also works on another
machines with the "old" Suse Linux), I figured it must have to do with
the XML libraries that the server is using. But I never found out what
exactly is going on, and why the packaged Tomcat seemed to use some
other libraries then I wanted it to. The Java and Tomcat packaging under
the new Suse Linux is so obfuscated, I found it impossible to understand
what exactly was going on.

The way I fixed this was to install a downloaded Tomcat instead of using
the Suse packaged one ... Lenya's XML errors disappeared along with that
Tomcat.

Since in addition to that problem the Suse packaged Tomcat was very
unstable (crashed several times per week), I decided to keep the one I
installed by hand.

Hmm, now that I think about it again, I feel like getting rid of Tomcat
altogether and just run Lenya within Jetty.

--
Wolfgang

scheduler problem in 1.2.3

Posted by Lee Carroll <le...@aol.com>.
A couple of days ago I mailed about a problem with the schedule in 1.2.3

I was not sure if this is specific to my set up or a bug.

What appears to be happening is that the process which creates the scheduled
job (and persists it in the jobs.xml file
pub/default/config/scheduler/jobs.xml) creates elements prefixed with task
(ie <task:task> or task:parameter). However jobs.xml does not map the prefix
to a namespace and the rest of lenya which I'm guessing reads jobs.xml, do
not understand these prefixed elements. Hence the errors (example snippet
below)

Has anyone come across this problem. Any ideas what is wrong would be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers Lee C

env
  a.. tomcat 5.0.28
  b.. jre version: 1.4.1_01
  c.. lenya bin 1.2.3
  d.. Linux , architecture: i386 , version: 2.4.7-10.um.1

[Fatal Error] jobs.xml:5:12: The prefix "task" for element "task:task" is
not bound.
ERROR [main] (SchedulerWrapper.java:459) - Restoring jobs failed:
org.quartz.SchedulerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The prefix
"task" for element "task:task" is not bound. [See nested exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The prefix "task" for element "task:task" is
not bound.]
        at
org.apache.lenya.cms.scheduler.SchedulerStore.getJobElements(SchedulerStore.java:302)
        at
org.apache.lenya.cms.scheduler.SchedulerStore.restoreJobs(SchedulerStore.java:192)
        at
org.apache.lenya.cms.scheduler.SchedulerWrapper.restoreJobs(SchedulerWrapper.java:444)
        at
org.apache.lenya.cms.scheduler.LoadQuartzServlet.restoreJobs(LoadQuartzServlet.java:369)
        at
org.apache.lenya.cms.scheduler.LoadQuartzServlet.process(LoadQuartzServlet.java:135)

Re: Two problems.......

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

http://wyona.org has svn instructions in english