Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tony Dean <To...@sas.com> on 2006/11/20 02:17:50 UTC

[axis2] policy integration

Hi,

Resending questions on axis2 policy integration...

on the subject of policies...

how do you attach a policy to a policy subject?  I remember seeing something about adding policy configuration to services.xml file (what's the syntax here) which would then be automatically added to the wsdl that gets generated.  I have configured axis2 not to generate my wsdl (i.e., useOriginalWSDL) so I guess I would need to add policy attachments to the wsdl myself so that this information can be used by potential clients?

is the only way supported such that client and server can negotiate what policies are being inforced?  isn't there a more dynamic way with WS-MetadataExchange?  please help me understand all of the possible ways that are available for this type of negotiation.

also on the server and/or client side, what is the mechanism for individual modules to perform their assertions... that is, if I have a security assertion listed in policy configuration, I'm assuming that the rampart mar better be engaged and the engine will pass control to it and let it handle any security assertions.  It will then add any pertinent information to the message context?  is there any documentation on this type of interaction?

thanks.

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.
919.531.6704
tony.dean@sas.com

SAS... The Power to Know
http://www.sas.com

Re: [axis2] policy integration

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Sanka already replied .. a while back.

Sanjiva.

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 20:17 -0500, Tony Dean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Resending questions on axis2 policy integration...
>
> on the subject of policies...
>
> how do you attach a policy to a policy subject?  I remember seeing
>  something about adding policy configuration to services.xml file
>  (what's the syntax here) which would then be automatically added to
>  the wsdl that gets generated.  I have configured axis2 not to generate
>  my wsdl (i.e., useOriginalWSDL) so I guess I would need to add policy
>  attachments to the wsdl myself so that this information can be used by
>  potential clients?
>
> is the only way supported such that client and server can negotiate
>  what policies are being inforced?  isn't there a more dynamic way with
>  WS-MetadataExchange?  please help me understand all of the possible
>  ways that are available for this type of negotiation.
>
> also on the server and/or client side, what is the mechanism for
>  individual modules to perform their assertions... that is, if I have a
>  security assertion listed in policy configuration, I'm assuming that
>  the rampart mar better be engaged and the engine will pass control to
>  it and let it handle any security assertions.  It will then add any
>  pertinent information to the message context?  is there any
>  documentation on this type of interaction?
>
> thanks.
>
> Tony Dean
> SAS Institute Inc.
> 919.531.6704