Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Iain MacKay <im...@iain-mackay.org> on 2011/10/10 22:51:51 UTC

Re: Broken Build?: Plugins Moved between 0.9 to 0.10?

Hi

Just to say I observe the same output when running the documentation build for
0.9, and have the same outcome, no index.html resource.

That's not to say that these errors are the reason, just that they are the
only thing that seems suspicious in the log from the build.

Attempting to build the documentation locally also fails; the error messages
here seem to be more to do with malformed paths, e.g.

pluginDocs/index.html
BROKEN: C:\Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-
0.9\main\webapp\.\C:\
Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-0.9\site-
author\build\tmp\C:\
Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-
0.9\build\plugins\svnHelper.xmap (The filename, directory name, or volume label
syntax is incorrect)

There are no spaces in my paths and forrest_home points to
C:\Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-0.9
Removing the C: doesn't help.

This is on Windows 7 with JDK 1.6.

Re: Broken Build?: Plugins Moved between 0.9 to 0.10?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Iain MacKay wrote:

> Just to say I observe the same output when running the documentation build for
> 0.9, and have the same outcome, no index.html resource.
>
> That's not to say that these errors are the reason, just that they are the
> only thing that seems suspicious in the log from the build.
>
> Attempting to build the documentation locally also fails; the error messages
> here seem to be more to do with malformed paths, e.g.
>
> pluginDocs/index.html
> BROKEN: C:\Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-
> 0.9\main\webapp\.\C:\
> Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-0.9\site-
> author\build\tmp\C:\
> Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-
> 0.9\build\plugins\svnHelper.xmap (The filename, directory name, or volume label
> syntax is incorrect)
>
> There are no spaces in my paths and forrest_home points to
> C:\Users\Iain\Applications\forrest\apache-forrest-0.9
> Removing the C: doesn't help.
>
> This is on Windows 7 with JDK 1.6.

Please show what happens with the example site:
]$ mkdir temp; cd temp
]$ forrest seed-sample
]$ forrest

-David