Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/21 21:43:09 UTC

Own. The. Camera.

Okay,

So I've done a bit of work today on taking the camera code back in house.
Right now I have the very basic take a picture and return a file URI
working. It does not respect and options or do any image manipulation. I'm
going to take the time to add that back in slowly.

https://github.com/macdonst/cordova-android/commit/ac5dbf3f54ac6e43f6c346130ac2ac86aed26eb5

Also, I'm using a layout file which means you have to import Cordova into
your test app as a library project. I'm just doing that for now as
eventually that layout will get converted to code so we can go back to
making it a jar. I am not a UI designer so Joe volunteered Yohei to design
the camera interface so it doesn't look like a deranged
coffee fuelled monster designed it. Thanks Yohei!

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

Re: Own. The. Camera.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hey

I added zoom and fiddled with the UI so I could test zoom.  The UI
looks like ass but may be better once we get better assets.  The good
news is that we now have:

* AutoFocus
* Zoom

We need to lock orientation and config changes, because right now
they're crashing the camera.  Also, we still need to have a good way
to do previews.  But yeah, anyone who says that Native UI is better
clearly hasn't made a UI on Android.  Getting the slider to do what I
wanted took a while!!!!

Joe

Re: Own. The. Camera.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
I merge our two streams here:

Re: Own. The. Camera.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hey

Re: Own. The. Camera.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Own. The. Camera.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hey

Re: Own. The. Camera.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Own. The. Camera.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Own. The. Camera.

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.
Indeed.

Re: Own. The. Camera.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
I pushed your changes into my branch and gave you admin access so you
should just be able to push commits there now too.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

Re: Own. The. Camera.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.