Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/01 02:00:43 UTC

Re: How are we going to use the Tuscany Wiki space?

I'd like to propose using a structure similar to the one described
below to group documents together and make it easier to find related
information. It's probably good not to have very deep hierarchy, and
maybe start grouping things on a specific level via page name (e.g
distribution-import-export, distribution-model, etc)

   SCA Java Project

      |--- SCA related Documents

   SDO Java Project

      |--- SDO related Documents

   DAS Java Project

      |--- DAS related Documents

   Infrastructure

      |--- Infra related Documents such as builds, sync, etc

   Website

      |--- Website related documents and old website copy

Thoughts ?

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: How are we going to use the Tuscany Wiki space?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I understand the purpose, but I also understand that the ACL of
the website has changed since that time, that's why I was proposing
move it to the regular wiki, where more people would have access to
contribute to these documents.  And yes, if we feel these documents
are ready to be published to the website, we should link them from the
documentation page and move them out of the "work in progress" page.

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Luciano,

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 7/1/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to propose using a structure similar to the one described
> below to group documents together and make it easier to find related
> information. It's probably good not to have very deep hierarchy, and
> maybe start grouping things on a specific level via page name (e.g
> distribution-import-export, distribution-model, etc)
>
>    SCA Java Project
>       |--- SCA related Documents
>
>    SDO Java Project
>       |--- SDO related Documents
>
>    DAS Java Project
>       |--- DAS related Documents
>
>    Infrastructure
>       |--- Infra related Documents such as builds, sync, etc
>
>    Website
>       |--- Website related documents and old website copy
>
> Thoughts ?

Sounds Ok to me. I don't think we need to make it any more complicated than
this single set of groupings in the first instance. Lets see how people use
it.

Simon