Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by openxu <op...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/07 16:04:11 UTC

Why nutch return 0 results?

Hi ,all!
I install nutch0.9.
After starting tomcat, I crawl website as follows:
./nutch crawl urls -dir crawl -depth 2 -threads 2 -topN 4
But when I search in the http://localhost:8080/, it returns 0 results.
Below is my configuration files.
Will you give me any hints?
Thanks in advance!
crawl-urlfilter.txt:
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*apache.org/
------------------------------------------------------------//end
urls:
http://www.apache.org/
------------------------------------------------------------//end

/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/webapps/root/web-inf/classes/nutch-site.xml:
<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>searcher.dir</name>
    <value>/mnt/hdb7/search/nutch-0.9/nutch-0.9/bin/crawl</value>
  </property>
</configuration>
------------------------------------------------------------//end

/nutch-0.9/conf/nutch-site.xml:
<configuration>
<property>
  <name>http.agent.name</name>
  <value>nutch</value>
  <description>HTTP 'User-Agent' request header. MUST NOT be empty -
  please set this to a single word uniquely related to your organization.

  NOTE: You should also check other related properties:

	http.robots.agents
	http.agent.description
	http.agent.url
	http.agent.email
	http.agent.version

  and set their values appropriately.

  </description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>http.agent.description</name>
  <value>hello</value>
  <description>Further description of our bot- this text is used in
  the User-Agent header.  It appears in parenthesis after the agent name.
  </description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>http.agent.url</name>
  <value>hello.com</value>
  <description>A URL to advertise in the User-Agent header.  This will
   appear in parenthesis after the agent name. Custom dictates that this
   should be a URL of a page explaining the purpose and behavior of this
   crawler.
  </description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>http.agent.email</name>
  <value>nutch@gmail.com</value>
  <description>An email address to advertise in the HTTP 'From' request
   header and User-Agent header. A good practice is to mangle this
   address (e.g. 'info at example dot com') to avoid spamming.
  </description>
</property>
</configuration>

Re: Why nutch return 0 results?

Posted by Aditya Rachakonda <ad...@iiitb.ac.in>.
Hi,
Did you put the .war file in webapps folder of Tomcat?
Aditya

Posted by cha <ch...@metrixline.com>.
hi,

Posted by carmmello <ca...@globo.com>.
In the config file,  site.xml, under the root directory of tomcat
(tomcat/webapps/root/web-inf/classes), go the searcher properties and for
searcher.dir, just type "crawl" or, if you have another name for this
directory, just ". "     I hope this works for you, as I had the same
problem the first time I used the 0.8 version.

> [...]
>>   the User-Agent header.  It appears in parenthesis after the agent name.
>>   </description>
>> </property>
>>
>> <property>
>>   <name>http.agent.url</name>
>>   <value>hello.com</value>
>>   <description>A URL to advertise in the User-Agent header.  This will
>>    appear in parenthesis after the agent name. Custom dictates that this
>>    should be a URL of a page explaining the purpose and behavior of this
>>    crawler.
>>   </description>
>> </property>
>>
>> <property>
>>   <name>http.agent.email</name>
>>   <value>nutch@gmail.com</value>
>>   <description>An email address to advertise in the HTTP 'From' request
>>    header and User-Agent header. A good practice is to mangle this
>>    address (e.g. 'info at example dot com') to avoid spamming.

21:01

Re: Why nutch return 0 results?

Posted by rashmin babaria <r....@gmail.com>.
Hi,