Posted to user@openwebbeans.apache.org by Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com> on 2012/01/12 14:05:03 UTC

Help! OWB on JBoss 5.x not running

Hello,

I'm new in this mailing list and I'm trying to use OpenWebBeans along
with JSF 2. Our app server is JBoss 5.0.1.GA. There is already a post
from Thomas and answer from Mark about the OWB and JBoss 5.x.
Unfortunately, but I can not get deployed a simple demo web app in
JBoss 5.0.1. I would be very thankful if somebody could help me. I
show my confguration at first.

My pom.xml with dependencies: http://paste.kde.org/185492/

My JSF beans are simple. They use @Named, @ViewScoped and
@SessionScoped annotations. @SessionScoped is defined as
javax.enterprise.context.SessionScoped and @ViewScoped as an extension
ViewScopedExtension.java placed under
src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/jsf/scopes. Here is it:
http://paste.kde.org/185504/

I have an empty beans.xml below resources/META-INF and a text file
javax.enterprise.inject.spi.Extension below
resources/META-INF/services. The content of this text file is only one
line: org.apache.webbeans.jsf.scopes.ViewScopedExtension

My web.xml has a listener
org.apache.webbeans.servlet.WebBeansConfigurationListener. Here is
this configuration: http://paste.kde.org/185510/

Now, if I try to deploy this small web app, I get an exception that
"Initialization of the WebBeans container has failed". Here is the
entire log-file: http://paste.kde.org/185522/

Do you have an idea what is wrong here? Missing dependencies or wrong
OWB config.? It works fine without OWB.

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies!

Oleg Varaksin

Blog: http://ovaraksin.blogspot.com/

Re: Yan: Yan: Help! OWB on JBoss 5.x not running

Posted by Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I have seen this "current approach which just tries to fix the new urls if
they wouldn't work". Therefore I proposed to move completely to VFS which
is an abstraction for all URLs and should cover all cases, at least
theoretically. I the theory, if we have an url, we need to call

VirtualFile fileOrDir = VFS.getRoot(url);

and work with virtual files only. VFS can be also extended for new
protocols. So, if you have URL(newprotocol://xyz), you can write an
extension hook for "newprotocol" as mentioned here
http://java.dzone.com/news/jboss-virtual-file-system

For now a fix in the existing infrastructure (AnnotationDB or whatever)
would be enough perfectly.

Best regards and good luck.

Oleg.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi!

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
@mark:

Posted by Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Marc,

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Olek!

Yes, please file an OWB Jira issue. I'll take a look at it as soon as I'm back from vacation.

LieGrue,
strub

>________________________________

          <!-- JSF Plugin -->

Posted by Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>.
Hi guys,

Scannotation adopted by OWB can't handle VFS (I've reviewed AnnotationDB).
As result OWB is useless in JBoss > 5.x. I suggest to use Reflections
framework (advanced variant of scannotation) -
http://code.google.com/p/reflections/ Reflections can handle VFS. OWB could
use this workaround at least
http://code.google.com/p/reflections/issues/detail?id=76 Unfortunately, but
even Reflections has trouble with JBoss' VFS. There is a reported issue
http://code.google.com/p/reflections/issues/detail?id=93 But I think we can
use this workaround for "content" then
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4899371/why-cant-i-open-a-jboss-vfs-url

I could try to extend / improve scanning in OWB, but I haven't commit

Posted by Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Oleg!

Posted by Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

hi!

+1 to the vfs problem.

Also please note that JBoss5.1 vfs is broken anyway because it doesn't get cleaned up properly. In our environment the update from JBoss4 to JBoss5 caused our Disks (60GB free space) to be filled up all 2 days ...
We went back to JBoss4 for this legacy application. jb6 is not really good as well, but JBoss AS7.1 was really good. Too bad it ships with Weld instead of OWB ;)
There is an option to exchange Weld by writing a module Definition for OWB. Maybe I'll do this when I find some free time (which is unlikely to happen soon).

LieGrue,
strub

>________________________________

        <!-- JSF Plugin -->

Posted by Rafael Pestano <rm...@yahoo.com.br>.
Hi Oleg,

the bug is resolved as "wont fix" so i think its not going to help you with sources but you can take a look at the comments to see why its "wont fix" and maybe you can workaround it.

--
Att,
Rafael M. Pestano

@realpestano
http://code.google.com/p/jsf-conventions-framework/

Posted by Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>.

De: Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>
Para: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org" <us...@openwebbeans.apache.org>
Enviadas: Quinta-feira, 12 de Janeiro de 2012 14:50
Assunto: Yan: Yan: Help! OWB on JBoss 5.x not running

Kimden: Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>
Kime: user@openwebbeans.apache.org
Gönderildiği Tarih: 12 Ocak 2012 18:38 Perşembe
Konu: Re: Yan: Help! OWB on JBoss 5.x not running

Hi Gurkan,

I have scannotation-1.0.2.jar below WEB-INF/lib. This is already the
last version. Do you think, I should place it into JBoss lib folder by
reason of JBoss classloader?

Thanks. Oleg.

2012/1/12 Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> Problem is that OWB Scannotation uses file related logic to resolve metadata
> etc. Probably current scanner implementation (using scannotation) must be
> updated for JBoss. In JBoss there is a vfs:// related URLs that may not work
> with current scanner.
>
> Regards;
>
> Gurkan Erdogdu
> CTO, http://software.mechsoft.com.tr
>
> ________________________________
> Kimden: Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>
> Kime: user@openwebbeans.apache.org
> Gönderildiği Tarih: 12 Ocak 2012 16:02 Perşembe
> Konu: Re: Help! OWB on JBoss 5.x not running
>
> Hi Rudi,
>
> Thanks for your reply! Yes, I have an empty beans.xml
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <beans xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>     xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/beans_1_0.xsd";>
>
> </beans>
>
> I don't use geronimo-interceptor because javax.enterprise.cdi-api
> already includes jboss-interceptor. But I will try it.
>
> Thanks. Oleg.
>
> 2012/1/12 Rudy De Busscher <rd...@gmail.com>:
>> Hello Oleg,
>>
>> Did you define a (empty) beans.xml file under web-inf directory ?
>>
>> When I useOWB in Tomcat (different thing but for OWB comparable to a J2EE
>> 5
>> server like Jboss 5) I have these dependencies (some of them, you don't
>> have
>> at this moment)
>>
>>         <!-- JSR-299 Impl -->

        <dependency>
>>             <groupId>org.apache.openwebbeans</groupId>
>>             <artifactId>openwebbeans-impl</artifactId>
>>             <version>${owb.version}</version>
>>             <scope>runtime</scope>
>>         </dependency>
>>
>>         <dependency>
>>             <groupId>org.apache.openwebbeans</groupId>

<artifactId>openwebbeans-resource</artifactId>
>>             <version>${owb.version}</version>
>>         </dependency>
>>
>>         <!-- Interceptor API -->
>>         <dependency>
>>             <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
>>             <artifactId>geronimo-interceptor_1.1_spec</artifactId>
>>             <version>${geronimo_interceptor.version}</version>
>>         </dependency>

        <!-- JSF Plugin -->

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.

 Kimden: Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>
Kime: user@openwebbeans.apache.org

Posted by Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Gurkan,

 Kimden: Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>
Kime: user@openwebbeans.apache.org
Gönderildiği Tarih: 12 Ocak 2012 16:02 Perşembe
Konu: Re: Help! OWB on JBoss 5.x not running

Posted by Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>.
Hi again,

Rudi, I have added the same dependencies, but it didn't help. I get
the same exeception

Caused by: org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansConfigurationException:
Initialization of the WebBeans container has failed.
        at org.apache.webbeans.web.scanner.WebScannerService.configure(WebScannerService.java:76)
        at org.apache.webbeans.corespi.scanner.AbstractMetaDataDiscovery.scan(AbstractMetaDataDiscovery.java:94)
        ... 61 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.scannotation.archiveiterator.FileIterator.<init>(FileIterator.java:28)
        at org.apache.webbeans.corespi.scanner.AnnotationDB.scanUrlPath(AnnotationDB.java:312)
        at org.apache.webbeans.corespi.scanner.AnnotationDB.scanArchives(AnnotationDB.java:260)
        at org.apache.webbeans.web.scanner.WebScannerService.configure(WebScannerService.java:68)
        ... 62 more
        at org.scannotation.archiveiterator.FileIterator.create(FileIterator.java:35)
        at org.scannotation.archiveiterator.FileIterator.<init>(FileIterator.java:24)

Now, I'm trying to figure out how I can update scanner for annotations
(what Gurkan proposed).

Cheers. Oleg.

Posted by Oleg Varaksin <ov...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Rudi,