Posted to user@spark.apache.org by vinayak navale <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/10 11:14:18 UTC

Not Able to setup spark standalone Cluster(Newbie)

Hi,

I am trying to install spark latest version i.e  0.8.0

when i run this  will get follwoing error.

# ./start-master.sh
starting org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master, logging to
/opt/spark/spark/bin/../logs/spark-root-org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master-1-nymong04.adnear.net.out
failed to launch org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master:

Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master
full log in
/opt/spark/spark/bin/../logs/spark-root-org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master-1-nymong04.adnear.net.ou

help will be appreciated

Thanks,
Vinayak.

Re: Not Able to setup spark standalone Cluster(Newbie)

Posted by vinayak navale <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for help yup i followed as said by josh and it fixed now..

-Thanks guys

Posted by Josh Rosen <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Meisam Fathi <me...@gmail.com>.
I haven't tried spark 0.8 but I had similar problems with bringing up
the master node on previous versions of spark (0.7.x). I'm using this
command to start the master and it works for me:

./run spark.deploy.master.Master

Thanks,
Meisam