Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Isuru Suriarachchi <is...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/11 10:46:16 UTC

[axis2] Implementing JSON support for Axis2

Hi all,

Currently I'm working on implementing JSON support for Axis2. I'm
planning to use the following JSON StAX parser implementation (under
Apache License) which contains a StAX reader and writer for JSON.

http://jettison.codehaus.org/

I found some incompatibilities of this implementation when it is used
with AXIOM, due to some unimplemented methods in the reader and the
writer. But we can still use it by patching those areas.

We have planned to use an OMSourcedElementImpl object with a
JSONDataSource inside, in the receiving side. It can be used to build
the OM element in case of a java service or it can be used to get the
JSON string directly without building the OM element, in case of a java
script service.

regards,
isuru

Re: [axis2] Implementing JSON support for Axis2

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
> we may need some changes in the spot
> where we call the different builders (mtom/stax) to add a check for
> content type and invoking the JSON stuff. right?
BuilderSelector ;-)

~Thilina

> -- dims
>
> On 12/11/06, Isuru Suriarachchi <is...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >  Currently I'm working on implementing JSON support for Axis2. I'm
> >  planning to use the following JSON StAX parser implementation (under
> >  Apache License) which contains a StAX reader and writer for JSON.
> >
> >  http://jettison.codehaus.org/
> >
> >  I found some incompatibilities of this implementation when it is used
> >  with AXIOM, due to some unimplemented methods in the reader and the
> >  writer. But we can still use it by patching those areas.
> >
> >  We have planned to use an OMSourcedElementImpl object with a
> >  JSONDataSource inside, in the receiving side. It can be used to build
> >  the OM element in case of a java service or it can be used to get the
> >  JSON string directly without building the OM element, in case of a java
> >  script service.
> >
> >  regards,
> >  isuru
>

> --
> Davanum Srinivas : http://www.wso2.net (Oxygen for Web Service Developers)

Thilina Gunarathne
WSO2, Inc.; http://www.wso2.com/
Home page: http://webservices.apache.org/~thilina/
Blog: http://thilinag.blogspot.com/

Re: [axis2] Implementing JSON support for Axis2

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good Isuru. Looks like we may need some changes in the spot