Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Samiul Alom Sium <si...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/23 13:39:53 UTC

Netbeans autocompletion

Hi,

Please reduce pop up time for autocompletion in netbeans. Either create a
UI option or manually reduce it from 750 ms to 250 ms. All these are
suggestions for implement in netbeans-12.
Often netbeans autocomplete take much time which is counter productive.
Also current intellij or eclipse is blazingly fast for autocompletion.
At least reduce pop up time... Please ... Its an urgency for new programmer
because not everyone is a good fast typist.

Samiul Alom Sium
Bangladesh

Re: Netbeans autocompletion

Posted by Samiul Alom Sium <si...@gmail.com>.
Actually I don't know how to create a ticket 😁. Please can anyone do that
for me. I am not an expert. Just a learner. Learning java from last couple
of months and also I am a computer science student though. But doing this
autocompletion improvement would largely helpful for not only me, also for
thousand others learners and professionals.
Actually I test two other IDE's (intellij and eclipse), they are amazing.
But I think netbeans is compatible for me. I just stick to it. Already I am
a hardcore netbeans lover.
Hopefully one day would participate in the development of netbeans.

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Siddhesh Rane <si...@disroot.org>.
If you want auto completion to complete an identifier or any word that you typed earlier in the code, then I suggest making use of Ctrl+K. Type the first few characters of the word you want and press Ctrl+K until you get the correct one. This is super fast in completing a local section of the code that reuses many of the same variables and functions.

Bonus: this works for files without auto complete support and also in comments.

Regards
Siddhesh Rane

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Well, the best thing you can do is switching the NetBeans self profiler
on. Do some excessive use of the code completion in several files. Then
switch off the profiler, get the data exported, then attach it to the issue.

I have a machine from 2013 somewhere, I try to dig that up and test as well.

Posted by Samiul Alom Sium <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samiul Alom Sium <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mario Schroeder <ma...@gmail.com>.