Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Chapman <mi...@kpmcornerstone.com> on 2007/08/20 02:36:30 UTC

Confused beyond belief ...

I really don't know what I did to mess things up here, but I'm running
FC7, Sendmail, ClamAV and Spamassassin locally on my mail server.  I
thought I had everything working, but now, mail that I have previously
considered absolutely safe is being flagged as spam, with indications
that the sender is in my blacklist!  The sender is me, using my work
email address, going to my personal email address here on the box in
question.

Here is what I am seeing -- from the spam-flagged message:

--- ----------------------
 100 USER_IN_BLACKLIST      From: address is in the user's black-list
-2.6 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
                            [score: 0.0000]
 1.0 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

It seems somewhat evident that the problem is that my work email address
has ended up being blacklisted locally somewhere ... but where?

My head hurts from hitting it on the desk ....

Thanks!

Michael

Re: Confused beyond belief ...

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> 100 USER_IN_BLACKLIST      From: address is in the user's black-list

100 points.  That's an explicit blacklist, not AWL.  So the question is,
which address is blacklisted?

It says From address, but this could also be the envelope-sender, I think.
You should be able to grep around for the values in those two headers and
see what you find.

If that isn't helpful, copy the message to a file so you can run it through
SA manually with -D.  I think that may be explicit enough to tell you the
name that it hits on.

        Loren