Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "PODELNYK,TED (HP-Boise,ex1)" <te...@hp.com> on 2002/11/22 20:10:02 UTC

Trouble getting started with Axis

I am starting to learn about Axis and have downloaded it from the web site.
I am working my way through the "Installing and deploying web applications
using xml-axis" document.  I have made it to the point of testing a JWS
endpoint.   When I access the
http://localhost:8080/axis/EchoHeaders.jws?method=list  URL, what I get is
the following Axis Fault:
==============
AXIS error
Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault - Error while compiling:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.3a\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.compileError
 faultString: Error while compiling:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.3a\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
	Errors: Error compiling
C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.3a\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java:
Line 58, column 7:  Class javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest not found in
import.
Line 0, column 0:
1 error
===============

I am running jakarta-tomcat-3.3a.  I have read that the jaxrpc.jar and
saaj.jar files should be under the %TOMCAT_HOME%/common/lib directory.
Therefore, I created this directory under %TOMCAT_HOME% and copied the .jar
files there from %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/axis/WEB_INF/lib.  However, I still
get the same error.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Ted Podelnyk
ted_podelnyk@hp.com

SoapMonitor Service

Posted by Shriram Kollipara <Sh...@motorola.com>.
Hi,
      I am trying to run the SOAPMonitor service and and when I try to
access it from my browser it says it is missing a plug-in and tries to
install it. nothing happens after that. Did anyone have a similar
problem? How can I resolve this?

shri