Posted to user@drill.apache.org by "Mehran.D [BR-PD]" <m_...@behinrahkar.com> on 2018/12/08 14:15:50 UTC

Running drill in distributed mode

I wanted to know if it is possible to run drill in distributed mode on local file systems of machines.
Is it possible to run it such as splunk does and have a search head and 1 or mode indexers that can distribute search query and search  head can aggregate response and get the query done?
I ran drill on local file system with one specific zookeeper and second  machine is getting unavailable in drill monitoring web  interface

I wanted to know if:

*         Is it possible to run apache drill in distributed local file system?

*         Is it possible to run drill in a way that query another apache drill as a storage-plugin?

Best Regards,

      [LOGO1]
Mehran Dashti
Product Leader
09125902452

Re: Running drill in distributed mode

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi!

You can run drillbit on one machine and configure FileSystem Storage Plugin
to specify "Connection" to the remote fs [1].
Do you need to run drillbit on every machine and coordinate them via
Zookeeper? Not sure that it is efficient for local file system.

[1]
https://drill.apache.org/docs/file-system-storage-plugin/#connecting-drill-to-a-file-system

Kind regards
Vitalii