Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ias <ia...@hotmail.com> on 2004/09/30 19:29:05 UTC

[Axis2] Axis for Tiger and SAAJ NG early, early edition

Hi all,

I should have posted them to SVN, but these days I've been working on
courseworks at school, so uploaded them to my web site.

http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr/resources/axis4tiger.zip (quite large because this
package has all the required libs except Axis SAAJ NG, 11mb)

In order to build Axis for Tiger, you need Axis SAAJ NG (probably
maintenance) as well.

http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr/resources/saaj-ng.zip (5mb)

I'm playing with them on Eclipse 3.1 and JDK 5.0 b64 (final), so sure that
you can enjoy them on the same platforms or along with other IDEs like IDEA
4.5 and Netbean 4.0.

Finally, I have to admit that they both are at a very early stage. However,
the reason why I made them open is, yes, for those who want Axis for Tiger
right now :-) as Tiger itself cuts the final.

Thanks,

Ias

RE: [Axis2] Axis for Tiger and SAAJ NG early, early edition

Posted by Ias <ia...@hotmail.com>.
> Hi Ias,

Hi Sanjiva,

> Is this an Axis2 prototype? If so then are you actually sort
> of "releasing" it??

Axis for Tiger could be helpful to Axis 2 prototypers, but is not an Axis 2
prototype. Therefore, I don't think I released one :-) As I said before, the
reason why I brought Axis for Tiger into light is to show Axis developers
and users buildability of Axis based on Tiger.

By the way, I'm considering JAX-RPC 2 part and SAAJ NG part as extensions of
Axis 2, i.e., not core Axis 2. In perspective of layers,

[JAXB 2 API + Impl ( < 0.5MB ?)] (outside Axis 2 project)
JAX-RPC 2 API + Impl (  < 0.5MB ?)
SAAJ NG API + Impl ( < 0.5MB ?)
Axis 2 Core ( < 1 MB expected)

If we achieve the above, a user can just choose (very very light) Axis 2
core or (still reasonably light) Axis 2 with Java standards for client
platform.

Axis for Tiger is going to demonstrate how Axis core can become compact
without JAX-RPC and SAAJ layers, I mean.

Thanks for your question,

Ias

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Ias,